Maciej is a Polish photographer and gallerist living in Cardiff, Wales. UK. Maciej was born in Bialystok, Poland in 1976. After graduating in 2000 from University in Poland with a Master degree in Computer Science he moved to Hong Kong where he stayed for almost 4 years working as a researcher and programmer. In October 2004 he relocated to Cardiff to work at university again as a researcher and pursue a PhD in computing. He left the university in January 2009 and has been working as a photographer since then, in the meantime completing his PhD studies. In February 2010, together with Joni Karanka, Maciej opened a photography gallery in Cardiff, called Third Floor Gallery
Maciej has worked on various projects home and abroad - in Europe, Asia and Africa. His interests are social issues, humanitarian aid and development, but most of all travel and street photography. Maciej's photos have been widely published around the world and he is a recipient of a numerous awards.
- BZ WBK Press Foto 2011 - Poland - 2nd place in the "Society" category
- BZ WBK Press Foto 2011 - Poland - 3rd place in the "Nature" category
- Digital Camera Photographer of The Year 2010 - UK - 2nd place in the "Documentary" category and 3d place in the "Adrenaline" category LINK
- Wielki Konkurs National Geographic 2010 - Poland - Honourable Mention in the "Reportage" category LINK
- BZWBK Press Foto 2010 - Poland - 3rd place in the "Civilisation" category LINK
- VIVA! Photo Awards 2009 - Poland - The Grand Prix Award LINK
- 170 Lat Fotografii - Poland - "People" Category Winner LINK
- Magenta Flash Forward Emerging Photographer 2009 LINK
- Digital Camera Photographer of The Year 2009 - UK - 3d place, Highly Commended and Commended in "This is Britain" Category LINK
In 2010 Maciej was profiled among 45 other street photographers in the “Street Photography Now” book published in the UK, France and USA : LINK
- Newspapers: The Guardian, The Observer, The Sun, Daily Mail, Daily Star, The Independent on Sunday, Wales on Sunday, South Wales Echo, METRO (UK), Helsingin Sanomat (Finland), Fakt, Gazeta Wyborcza, Kurier Poranny (Poland)
- Photo magazines: American Photo (USA), Digital Camera (UK), Fotografia i Aparaty Cyfrowe (Poland), FOTO Magazyn (Poland), Amateur Photographer (UK), Photography Monthly (UK), DC Photo (HK), Outdoor Photographer (USA), Click! (Malaysia) .
- Airline inflight magazines: Holland Herald (KLM Duth Airlines), Serendib (Sri Lankan Airlines), Etihad Airlines (United Arab Emirates), SilverKris (Singapore Airlines)
- Travel magazines: GEO (Germany), Afisha Mir (Russia), Globtroter (Poland), Out Traveler (USA), Get Lost! (Australia)
- Other magazines: Der Spiegel (Germany), Goethe-Institut (Germany), NEED magazine (USA), PROsport (Russia), Vacature (Belgium), New Welsh Review (Wales), Kruger (UK), Himal Southasian (Nepal), World Pulse Magazine (USA), HK Magazine (HK), Adbusters (USA)
- Selected websites: time.com, BBC.com, yahoo.com, TheSun.com, DailyMail.com, telegraph.co.uk, WalesOnline.com, eFakt.pl, gazeta.pl
- In books published by: Lonely Planet, Editions Didier Millet, Wallflower Press, RBA Libros Spain, Pearson Education Canada, The Open University Milton Keynes.
- Other clients: ITV1, S4C TV UK, Channel 4 TV UK, Volkswagen, Starquest Expeditions, Mercy Corps, Terre d'Oc, Development and Peace Canada, Ager Meillier Films, SWN Festival.
"Cardiff at Night" photos were discussed in numerous radio and TV programs, including BBC radio and ITV1 Wales news in the UK and TVN and Radio Zet in Poland.